Friday, April 24, 2009

Limericks

Hiya, everybody! Hope you all had a good Earth Day! This post I'm gonna share limericks I found, which is a form of poetry. Limericks are meant to be funny, they have five lines, and the rhyme scheme is aabba. Here are a couple I found:


There was an Old Person of Dover,
Who rushed through a field of blue Clover;
But some very large bees,
Stung his nose and his knees
So he very soon went back to Dover. 

by Edward Lear

=====================
A flea and a fly in a flue, 
Were caught, so what could they do?
Said the fly, "Let us flee."
"Let us fly," said the flea. 
So they flew through a flaw in the flue. 

by Anonymous

======================
There was an Old Man with a beard,
Who said, 'It is just as I feared!
Two Owls and a Hen, 
Four Larks and a Wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard!

by Edward Lear

======================
Mo gathered the smelliest things,
Stinky blue cheese and onion rings, 
He started to reek 
And after eight weeks
Became the Malodorous King

by smellycat33


I hope you like them all. :-]

-smellycat33

1 comment: