Sunday, April 5, 2009

If Poem

Hi, sorry that it's been a while since I've posted. I don't really know yet what to put on my blog, so for this one I'm posting a poem I found and really like. 

If
by E. E. Cummings

If freckles were lovely, and day was night,
And measles were nice and a lie warn't a lie,
Life would be a delight,-
But things couldn't go right
For in such a sad plight
I wouldn't be I. 

If earth was heaven, and now was hence,
And past was present, and false was true,
There might be some sense
But I'd be in suspense
For on such a pretense
You wouldn't be you. 

If fear was plucky, and globes were square,
And dirt was cleanly and tears were glee, 
Things would be fair,-
Yet they'd all despair
For if here was there
We wouldn't be we. 

Hope you enjoy it. 

-smellycat33

5 comments:

  1. sorry i copied the idea of putting a poem on the blog and the crayons. it's only because i really loved it and thought it was awesome. so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be sorry! It's totally fine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found the FRIENDS official website and i sent you a FRIENDS ecard! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thanks! I didn't get it yet but I'll be waiting!

    ReplyDelete